Linne & Ringsrud's Clinical Laboratory Science: The Basics and Routine TechniquesBy Mary Louise Turgeon
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
- Author: Mary Louise Turgeon
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Mosby
- Published: 2006-10-16
- Edition: 5
Now in full color, this market-leading text has been updated and streamlined! New to this edition, author Mary Louise Turgeon maintains the book's clear, simple writing style, but condenses the material to include only the most relevant information. The text provides both a fundamental overview of the field of clinical laboratory science and a discipline-by-discipline approach to each of the clinical lab science areas. It stresses laboratory skills and techniques throughout -- providing the general background knowledge necessary for working in a clinical laboratory and performing routine clinical laboratory tests.
- A broad scope and "must-know" information makes this text perfect for introductory clinical laboratory science courses at several levels, such as CLS/MT, CLT/MLT, and Medical Assisting.
- Basic Laboratory Techniques (Part I) includes fundamentals of the clinical laboratory such as safety, measurement techniques, and quality assessment.
- Clinical Laboratory Specializations (Part II) covers the various disciplines in the field.
- Chapter Objectives show what readers will achieve by the completing the material.
- Hands-on Procedures describe exactly what takes place in the clinical lab.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter represent the core information, allowing students to evaluate their mastery of the material.
- A Glossary lists all key terms with their definitions at the end of the text.
- Updated information includes new content on point-of-care testing and laboratory automation.
- Full-color design provides new color photos and line drawings, a feature not offered by other introductory books in this field.
- Mary Louise Turgeon is an experienced medical educator and author in this rapidly changing field.
- Streamlined "specialization" chapters provide an overview of key information.
- Expanded ancillaries offer more test bank questions, PowerPoint® slides, and additional instructor materials, all available via Evolve.