The Food Substitutions Bible: More than 5,000 Substitutions for Ingredients, Equipment and TechniquesBy David Joachim
- Author: David Joachim
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Brand: Robert Rose
- Published: 2005-09-03
The best and most complete substitutions guide, by the author of A Man, A Can, A Plan.
Some of the greatest cooking discoveries are the result of creatively substituting one ingredient, one piece of equipment, or one cooking technique for another.
The Food Substitutions Bible compiles all types of substitutions into one comprehensive, easy-to-use handbook. Simply organized from A to Z, its 1,500 entries have more than 5,000 substitutions. This reference covers:
- Common cooking measure equivalents
- Metric conversion tables
- International equivalency tables for temperature, weight and volume
- Emergency substitutions
- Time-saving substitutions
- Healthy substitutions
- Alternatives for hard-to-find and ethnic ingredients
- Alternatives for vegetarians
- Innovative ideas for varying the flavor of a dish in countless ways
Every substitution includes instructions with exact proportions for accurate, reliable replacements. When multiple substitutions are given within an entry, they are organized into categories for quick reference. Some of these include: If You Don't Have It, To Vary the Flavor, To Save Time, and For Better Health. The book also has an appendix with handy reference charts.
The Food Substitutions Bible is the most authoritative, comprehensive and easy-to-use book on substitutions ever published.