Unequaled: Tips for Building a Successful Career through Emotional IntelligenceBy James A. Runde
- Author: James A. Runde
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: Wiley
- Published: 2016-09-19
- Edition: 1
UNEQUALED is the client service professional's guide to getting ahead and achieving professional goals. You're smart and hard working, but guess what—so is everyone else. So how do you stand out? You need to distinguish yourself in order to get ahead, but simply being good at your job is not enough. Moving up is about soft skills, networking, client connections, emotional intelligence, and your personal reputation. This book is a frank and candid guide to what it really takes to succeed in the field, packed with insights, stories, and actionable tips based on the author's 40 years at Morgan Stanley. You'll learn how to lead, when to follow, and how to build the reputation you need to get ahead in a competitive field.
This book shows you how to step up your relationships, strengthen your soft skills, and build your brand for success.
- Differentiate yourself and expand your career
- Build relationships through planning and preparation and deliver commercial results
- Lead effectively, increase productivity, and build a better work environment
- Build, enhance, and leverage your personal brand to support your own success
- Network effectively to find mentors and sponsors
Realizing your career goals means being visible, having influence, and crafting a reputation as a valuable contributor while delivering outstanding results. UNEQUALED shows you how to adapt yourself, collaborate with colleagues, influence clients, and become an excellent boss.