Essential Manners for Men: What to Do, When to Do It, and WhyBy Peter Post
- Author: Peter Post
- Binding: Hardcover
- Publisher: William Morrow & Company
- Published: 2003-10-21
- Edition: Illustrated
Essential Manners for Men helps men make the right decisions about what to do and say in every situation that counts. Peter Post, great-grandson of Emily Post, distills the essential information men need for all the important roles they play in life.
Organized into three parts -- "Daily Life," "Social Life," and "On the Job" -- Essential Manners for Men resolves situations that can stump even the savviest. Peter Post's advice is sharp-witted and sensible, with tips, boxes, and candid anecdotes about his own etiquette blunders. Topics include:
- The most important behaviors to avoid and emulate at the gym, at work, on the golf course, at home, out with friends, at a business social event, and a child's ball game
- Tipping, driver's "ed-iquette," introductions, sportsmanship, and parenting
- Successfully sharing living spaces with a roommate, significant other, or spouse -- from the toilet seat to the remote control to the kitchen sink
- How to throw a great party or be the perfect guest
- How to successfully navigate the business dinner
- Things men do wrong that make women wince, and things men do right that women love
- The five-step process to resolve any situation where there is no etiquette "rule"
Short and shoot-from-the-hip honest, Essential Manners for Men is a book no man can afford to be without.