Tinkering: Kids Learn by Making StuffBy Curt Gabrielson
- Author: Curt Gabrielson
- Binding: Paperback
- Publisher: Brand: Maker Media, Inc
- Published: 2013-10-08
- Edition: 1
After-school and out-of-school programs—as well as home schooling—have been growing steadily for nearly a decade, but instructors are still searching for high-interest content that ties into science standards without the rigidity of current classroom canon. The author draws on more than 20 years of experience doing hands-on science to facilitate tinkering: learning science while fooling around with real things.
In this book, you'll learn:
- Tinkering techniques in key science areas
- How to let kids learn science with hands-on tinkering
- Engaging techniques for science learning at home, in school, or at a makerspace or library
- Step-by-step instructions for activities that don't end with a single project, but that provide many paths for "tinkering forward".